Well for the most part the dust collection cart is finished, I needed to do a few little things to finish it up.So here is what I did today.
Applied a few coats of polyurethane to the sides and the base of the cart
Attached all the mounting hardware to the divider
I filled the gap that was left in the base.
As I said in my last blog post I was going to apply a couple of coats of polyurethane to the base and side assemblies in the cart, this adds a couple layers of protection to the cart and it is also easy to wipe down.
I needed to add the mounting clip that holds the dust collector in place as well as all the mounting hardware that keeps all the handles and dust collections hose in place.
FILLED THE BASE GAP
Since the base is basically a plywood sandwich with 2” x 4” ‘s in the middle it created a 3-1/2” gap so I decided to cover it up, so I cut 2 pieces of plywood to size ans secured it with screws into the lumber. Below you can see before and after pics.
This will probably one of them on going projects as I build my dust collection accessories but as of right now that is all I have to install on the cart, possibly in the future I might add a small 2” dust hose real and probably a dust separator.
I am very happy about how the cart came out and it works great, I used it for the first time today and world awesome I might need a longer hose other than the 14’ hose I am currently using to reach my entire shop but that is why I made the cart, as it follows me through-out the shop.
I have plans available in my store soon and I will include a link below
Thank you for reading this blog series and Ill talk to you again soon.